Monday 22 June 2009

Living THE Roma

Wow! It’s been a while I haven’t written here. I don’t have Internet in my new apartment, so I don’t get the chance to write all the time. Anyway, a lot of things have happened. There was a 30th birthday party of Alessandro first of all, theme was the thirties. I wondered around Rome for one whole day to find a dress, and I did. Though it was a little more style of the sixties. Crazy party with A again! I met a lot of his friends, also two Dutch girls. Nice to speak English sometimes…


Alessandro 30 anni - Anni '30

Speaking of foreigners, I met some American (/Italian) girls in Roma Pride. God, the whole city was colorful that day. I was also with the flow, walked with the parade and partied at Piazza Navona afterwards. One girl, Jill, came to talk to me and she introduced me to her friends, Jacqueline and Barbara. In the evening, we drank few cocktails at San Giovanni, next to Colosseum and went to a club later. Long night, I came home somewhere around six in the morning.

Another night we went out with a bunch of Massimo’s friends. There I got to know this freaking crazy Hawaiian girl, Noea, and met also the first Finnish during my stay. On The Rox was the place called, in Trastevere. The people there are pretty much the ones I’ve been hanging out lately, Massimo, Ilaria, Giuseppe, Marinella, Maria, Manuela, Antonio, Rossella, Francesca, Riccardo, Mario, Noea and few others, don’t remember their names.


This Friday I also went out with them, to an outside nightclub called Purple Club. God, it was HOT! Though it was outside… There was this privé where I wasn’t supposed to go, but I didn’t know it before I already entered. I climbed to one pond behind the DJ and danced there above all the crowd. I felt sooo good! And no one took me out of there, everyone loved me. Ok, but it was fun. On SATUrrrday (as my friends here like to call it) we drove to the beach, to Fregene. There was an outside nightclub, and this time I was able to breathe and dance because it’s not so hot by the sea. Pools, dance floor, good music, friends, kisses, Italian night. Luuuuuv it!



Giuseppe e io a Purple club

Ok, it hasn’t been only partying. I have gone to Ostia (the beach) with Ila and to Villa Borghese few times to sunbathe, read few books and Italian magazines, learned how to cook and make real Italian espresso, danced and made choreographies, and most of all I have really relaxed and took time for myself, to think, to dream, to live.

It’s been almost three weeks and I already feel better, more energetic mentally to start the hectic life back home after the summer. Now it’s the time to relax and have fun still, so I don’t think about the fall yet. Supermercato is calling; I’ll buy some wine maybe. Rossella, my roommate left for Puglia today and Anna, the other one is away, so the whole apartment is mine! Minna, my friend from Finland is about arrive tonight, so it’s a parrrrty time.

A la prossima volta cari!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment