Sunday 7 February 2010

World comes to You!

Yesterday evening after coming back home from Kuopio, I wanted to go out more than in a loooong time. I freshed up a bit and started the round at Passion, and whateverworks! Such an average party, I got bored. One friend of mine from Basque Country sent a message then, they had gone to a club Freetime to continue her birthday party. I've never been at this new club before, so I definitely wanted some change to this super normal night.

At Freetime I experienced a feeling that I always get in southern Europe. The club was full of Erasmus students, having the time of their lives. I danced a lot, met soo many new personalities, spoke different languages. That group of people felt a big family, we were all the same even though from different countries and cultures.

Today I watched one of my favourite movies of all time with my room mate, 'L'auberge espagnole', a story of a French guy who leaves for Barcelone for an Erasmus year. I thought I realize what they are going through, I was two months in Rome hello! But still it's not the same. I didn't have that kind of community around me, one that I really belong to.

Last night I felt this feeling, even though I'm not part of Erasmus. Thank you all lovely girls and boys for bringing the world to me here in this cold little city in central Finland!

No comments:

Post a Comment